RE: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:00:02 -0700

> >> Because messages missing by the user is a real problem in Emacs.
> >> Most modern IDEs has no such problem since they have a special
> >> `Log' tab/window.  We are gearing towards IDE so our efforts
> >> will count for this goal.
> >
> > I'm not sure this argument is valid, since one can set up a
> > dedicated *Messages* window in Emacs, if desired.
>
> Why does that help? Don't we need the protected window feature that
> will (hopefully) be included (for ECB)?

What's the "protected window feature"? Never heard of it. If you introduce stuff
into the discussion, at least give people a pointer to what you mean.

I admit that I don't yet understand what problem we are trying to solve here. So
Yidong's suggestion made sense to me - that's in fact what I do, I guess: show
*Messages* in a dedicated window (and let it tail itself).

IMO, it would help others (beyond those few here who seem to understand the
problem and proposed solutions) to give a few concrete examples of the problem -
one per message type, perhaps.

IOW, I suspect you few are way ahead of the rest of us. What, exactly, is the
problem?