RE: please change default value of truncate-partial-width-windows to nil

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: please change default value of truncate-partial-width-windows to nil
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:47:10 -0700

> and of course `truncate-partial-width-windows' has been around for
> decades, with a non-nil default; I dunno why Drew is freaking
> out about it _now_...

Drew is not freaking out about anything.
_You_ seem to be freaking out about this.

Drew said the following, as soon as Johan reminded him that
`truncate-partial-width-windows' is not new:

> You're right. And with value t, no less.
> What is new is the default value of 50.
> I stand corrected.
>
> (I still think a non-nil default value is wrong, FWIW, for
> the reasons I gave.)

That was Drew's second, and last, input to this thread.

If that's "freaking out", then I hate to think what your alarmist and ad hominem
reaction is.