Re: line-move-visual

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:56:10 +0200

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull<address@hidden> wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>  > We already have a feature that is close to that:
>  >
>  >   Options->Customize Emacs->New Options
>  >
>  > It asks for an old version, and presents a Customize buffer with all
>  > options changed or introduced since that version.
>
> This is good, but the crucial feature that improves discoverability is
> the ability for the user to identify changes to classic behavior,
> which is not necessarily all the new options.

Here is a try to structure this in a custom buffer. It is not like
"skins" right now, but that could be added later.

I have set some new defaults, like showing the help links underlined
and making the "tabable". I think they should look and behave like
that.

Also I have cut out part from help-make-xrefs that someone put a
common on saying

   ;; The following should probably be abstracted out.

So I did that and suggest using that for widgets.

Do "M-x customize-for-new-user" to test and tell me what you think.
Please ignore that nothing in the custom buffer created works at the
moment... ;-)