Re: Sending attachments

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:56:04 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is adding layers and layers of poorly integrated leaky bandaids to
>> mail-mode really the path we want to follow?
>
> I have no idea why you thought I was about to add ``leaky bandaids''.

RMS has suggested adding simple attachment functionality to mail-mode,
e.g. via etach.  I haven't had time to look at the code of etach, but I
suspect that all this will accomplish is an incremental and incomplete
extension of mail-mode's feature set---not enough to catch up with
message-mode, but adding more code duplication.