Re: utf8 char display in buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: utf8 char display in buffer
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:30:57 -0400

    > Would it be possible to display the codepoint numerically in the box?

    Would that help much?  I'm not sure that the codepoint is very useful to
    most people (and the information is easily available via C-x =)...

I think it would be quite useful.  First, you would immediately see
which of the undisplayable characters are the same.  Second, you might
come to recognize a few common codepoints, and that would be useful.

Whether it's worth the trouble depends on how much trouble that is,
which I don't know.