Re: Pretest and branch on Friday June 19

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Pretest and branch on Friday June 19
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 17:18:09 -0400

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> If the trunk is used for 23.2, then I feel like I'd have to hold off
> making non-bugfix changes to any existing feature, in case of
> inadvertent breakage. The feature freeze is already almost a year old,
> and it's rather disheartening not to be able to do development.

Do you have a specific feature in mind, that you'd be uncomfortable
developing on a 23.x trunk?

The one example I can think of, right now, is the window groups feature,
assuming its implementation turns out to require big changes in the
window-handling code.  But IIRC, one of the proposals to implement
window groups was surprisingly non-invasive and self-contained, and I
think it could be done in a 23.x trunk.