Re: lsh and tramp

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: lsh and tramp
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 02:24:49 -0400

   >    > How does one use lsh and tramp?  All the methods are hard
   >    > coded to use ssh.
   >
   >    It's on my todo list. Not high ranked (yet).
   >
   > Is there anything I can help with?

   It could be a chance to enhance Tramp's manual, section
   "Customizing Methods". But I fear it requires Tramp internal
   knowledge.

   If you like to start writing it, using lsh as example, I would be
   happy to support you.

Do you have any tips on how one could make this interchangable for
tramp's ssh method (seeing that both commands are mostly compatible
with each other, and if they are not we could add compatibility
switches for lsh)?  Adding a new lsh method is trivial, but then you
would have to do so for just everything (lcp, lsh, rsync+lsh, ...)

Special casing tramp-login-program for the case of lsh vs. ssh is not
exactly pretty.