Re: NS do not set INFOPATH

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: NS do not set INFOPATH
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 05:08:45 +0000 (UTC)

Felix Mueller <felix <at> enqueue.eu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would find it less intrusive, if Emacs.app did not set INFOPATH upon
> start up if it was not set before. This would enable users to make
> changes to Info-default-directory-list in their initialization
> files. I am attaching changes that imitate w32's behavior in this
> regard, albeit adding the info directory in the bundle at the
> beginning of the list.

Hi,

Thanks for this patch.  It looks like it improves the behavior from
before, even if it's not perfect.  I will look at incorporating it.

> It might be prudent to change that if Emacs is built non
> self-contained.

Does the new method cause a failure to find the right info directory in
this case?  If so, is it any worse than the case before?

> If you decide against changing the behavior, I would find it helpful
> if you included a hint in the documentation.

Do I take it the macos.texi portion of your patch should ONLY be applied
if the other parts are NOT applied, or is that describing a shortcoming
that will still exist with your new code?

thanks,
Adrian