Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Shaun Johnson
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:00:44 +0100

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
Please make line-move-visual nil, it is totally uninutive to have the
point move to the same line, when you explicitly told it to move to
the next line.

It also breaks keyboard macros, since now you have no idea if you end
up on a new line, or on the same line but at a different column.

I know that it is pre-test time, but this behaviour is simply stupid
and doesn't make any sense.

FWIW I completely agree, I find this behaviour bizarre in the extreme.
I appreciate that others, coming from a different background, may find
this behaviour intuitive but I don't see that as a reason to change such
a core behaviour.

Shaun Johnson.