Re: Spammers are now closing bugs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Spammers are now closing bugs
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 12:55:37 +0900

Glenn Morris writes:

 > Bug 753 (which is riddled with spam) has now been closed by spam.

Are you asking for volunteers to clean it up?  AFAICT, that's the only
reason emacs-devel needs to hear about this.

We know there's a problem, we know some ways to address it ... but Don
evidently doesn't consider them "solutions".  If you do, the answer is
to volunteer to implement them.  That is admittedly likely to be a big
job, as (unless Don is more free with accounts on his system than I
am) it probably involves migration to a GNU-maintained host.  I'm
certainly not willing to do it myself.

OTOH, the BTS with spam is better than we had before, no?

You-could-be-using-the-MacPorts-tracker-which-is-how-I-spell-pain-ly y'rs,