Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:51:10 -0400

On Apr 21, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
instead of once every two or three screenfuls; I just witnessed it
five or six times scrolling up to line 2,000 of lisp/ChangeLog.
Fortunately, it's not every day that I scroll hundreds of lines
line-by-line, so it is bearable. But there's no doubt there is a
performance regression with respect to Emacs 22

Is this correlated for you with font locking?
Does it happen during page-wise scrolling as well?
(Without redisplay-dont-pause set, it skips a lot of pages for me.)

Let's say the page-wise scrolling performance under NS on my up-to- date machine is IMHO unbearable, with font-locking and tabbar enabled.