Re: Bug in highlight-lines-matching-regexp?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: Bug in highlight-lines-matching-regexp?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:10:51 +0200

2009/4/20 Deniz Dogan <address@hidden>:
> 2009/4/20 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>:
>> Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Hi Deniz,
>>
>>> I recently found some strange behavior in the highlighting
>>> functionality provided by highlight-lines-matching-regexp. I'm not
>>> sure whether this is a bug or not, which is why I'm asking.
>>>
>>> Reproduction:
>>> 1. Open a text file with any relevant contents.
>>> 2. M-x highlight-lines-matching-regexp and highlight something in the file.
>>> 3. M-x revert-buffer RET yes RET
>>> 4. Now the highlighting is gone, which I can accept, however...
>>> 5. M-x highlight-lines-matching-regexp RET RET
>>> 6. Nothing is highlighted this second time!
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or expected behavior?
>>
>> I've just tried it, and it works for me as it should when reusing the
>> previous regexp (which is the default) in step 5.
>>
>> Did you try with "emacs -Q" to be sure that no local customization
>> causes the breakage?
>>
>> Bye,
>> Tassilo
>
> Yes, I tried this with emacs -Q and I still experience the same
> behaviour. FWIW, here's the output from view-lossage:

> I should also mention that I didn't modify the file before reverting
> the buffer, so the contents were exactly the same.

And oh, yeah, I'm using Emacs 23.0.92.1.