Re: Printing

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Printing
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:50:30 -0400

    Because ps-print needs to know how to send non-ASCII characters to the
    printer.  Characters from scripts that the printer supports directly
    can be sent verbatim (encoded by a suitable coding-system).  Other
    characters need to be downloaded into the printer before we can use
    them.

Does GTK printing need similar setup?  If not, can we use whatever
mechanism it uses?

    If some of the characters in the region you print don't have a
    corresponding entry in ps-mule-font-info-database, it says something
    vague about "some characters will not be printed".

We could turn that into a query or an error.