Re: remove leim/leim-list.el for make bootstrap?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: remove leim/leim-list.el for make bootstrap?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:47:30 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> > I think it can happen that the Emacs that wrote leim-list.el used an
> > outdated version of international/quail.elc, so the contents were forced
> > to be written in iso-2022-7bit, although the coding tag already says
> > utf-8.

> I think you found the culprit.

I can't reproduce that problem.  To confirm what is wrong, I
did this:

% mkdir tmp
% cd tmp
## Checkout the version before I changed encoding of leim-list.el.
% cvs co -D 2009-03-18 emacs
% cd emacs
% configure
% make
## At this time, leim-list.el is in iso-2022-7bit
## Now update the working directory to the latest version.
% cvs update -AdP
% make
## Now leim-list.el is correctly build with utf-8 encoding.

So, I see no problem?!?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden