Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:43:11 +0900

>> I absolutely see such corruption in the Carbon port, which creates
>> the dialog in a similar fashion.  This was in connection with a
>> header line that uses an :eval expression, and a modified
>> map-y-or-n-p that switches buffers to show the right one.  As you
>> say, the strings get destroyed, but that was relatively easy to fix
>> by doing the redisplay a bit earlier.

Ah, I didn't have to say about timers because redisplay can do Lisp
evaluations in the first place.  Actually I found this potentially
problematic case when I was reading the code related to timers.

> This does not work properly on X.  With that change, there are frame
> exposure problems using the recipe from

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-04/msg01201.html

> (i.e., when the dialog box is moved, the underlying frame is not
> drawn properly.)  However, I have not had time to debug further.

Just to be sure, that doesn't happen if Fredisplay is called from the
original position?  Actually I also thought that it was sufficient to
move the Fredisplay call a bit earlier.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden