Re: fontset/font change

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: fontset/font change
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:53:43 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>>> (set-fontset-font t 'unicode "Droid Sans Fallback")
> >
> > Here `t' is the same as "fontset-default".  This facility is
> > kept just for backward compatibility.

> Isn't it useful?  Is there a reason not to keep it as a feature...?

Ah, wait, I recalled the history.  In Emacs 22, `nil' was
for "fontset-default", but while working on emacs-unicode-2
branch, someone suggested that nil usually should mean the
currently selected one.  I thought that was a good idea, and
was going to change `t' for the default fontset, and `nil'
for the the fontset of the current frame.

But, before finishing it (it seems that I just changed `t'
for the default), I forget about this matter when I got very
busy for the other tasks.  :-(

Sorry for the confusion, but what should I do now?

(1) Just recover the behaviour of Emacs 22: nil for the default
(2) Make nil for the currently selected fontset, and t for the default
(3) (1) and make t for the currently selected one.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden