Re: rmail-message-filter

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: rmail-message-filter
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:59:33 -0500

> The leading 0/1 appears to mean "has this message ever been reformatted?".
> There is no equivalent flag in mbox.  rmail-message-filter was
> basically called whenever that flag changed from 0 to 1.

We could add a "processed" attribute specifically for that purpose.

>> I'd say call it when the unseen attribute is removed.

This may also be sufficient.
It all depends on what that hook was used for.

Google shows that it's used by rmailmime.el.  For that use at least, it
would (now) need to be called every time the message is displayed
(because the output of that hook may not be properly formatted to be
put back into the mbox file).

        Stefan