Re: translation-table-for-input

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: translation-table-for-input
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:25:17 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:27:39 -0500

> >> I see no such evidence.
> > My evidence is that there's no alternative to translating the output
> > of an input method.
>
> That's not an evidence that it's "valuable".  The absence of any code
> that uses that feature tells me it's not valuable.

Look, if someone would suggest today adding such a feature, I'd
probably object on the grounds of lack of use.  But what on Earth
could be a good reason to remove something that is already there, have
been there for several Emacs releases, and is documented in the
manual??

And after you already agreed to leave it, what is pushing you so hard
to insist on declaring it obsolete?  Don't we have more important
things to do and argue about?