Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:01:31 -0700

>>>>> "Gilaras" == Gilaras Drakeson <address@hidden> writes:

Gilaras> * official support 2: having a mode for emacswiki that is
Gilaras> _installed by default_, more than just webjump and some ERC
Gilaras> functions. It could be just oddmuse.el, pointing to emacswiki
Gilaras> by default.

I'm still willing to assign package.el -- the basis for ELPA -- to the
FSF, if there is interest.

Currently the server side of ELPA is not very open; all submissions go
through me.  This is something we could change, though.

While I think the Emacs Wiki is an awesome resource, I am wary of
hooking it directly to Emacs.  In my view the risk of trojans is too
high in this scenario.

Tom