Re: Pretest next week

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:34:06 -0500

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

> If you want to start the pretest soon, I suggest putting off the
> inclusion of the Cocoa/GNUstep port until Emacs 23.2 (or later).  In
> particular, the GNUstep port doesn't have enough quality to start
> pretest.

That would be counter-productive.  Consider the worst-case scenario of
keeping the Cocoa port: suppose that, just before the 23.1 release, the
port remains as irretrievably broken as you make it out to be.  In that
case, we can disable it by changing the build system, and mark it as
experimental/hackers-only.  So nothing is lost by keeping the port (and
I am optimistic that it will not come to that).