Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:22:08 +0800

Don Armstrong wrote:
Rmail's maintainer is "FSF". Which means that Emacs maintainers are
collectively responsible for maintaining Rmail.

Doesn't really matter to me who is responsible for it; I just need a
mailing address.

For other sub-packages that come under the umbrella of the emacs developers, we have assigned bugs to "emacs,PACKAGE", so that the sub-package can be used as a filter in the web interface, but the emacs maintainers continue to be kept in the loop.

It is actually what is meant. If a package doesn't exist, people
shouldn't file bugs against it.

People don't file bugs against those packages, since the only address for filing bugs is for emacs. But they might get reassigned later.