Re: VC Development

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: VC Development
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:02:00 -0800 (PST)

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

  > Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > >> It's even more strange that version control is so important nowadays,
  > >> and just about everyone seems to have a very strong opinion about it,
  > >> but not enough to want to contribute to VC...
  > >
  > > One reason that makes it unattractive to me is the fact that you
  > > revert changes without discussion:
  > >
  > > 2009-01-31  Dan Nicolaescu  <address@hidden>
  > >
  > >   * vc-dir.el (vc-dir-mouse-map):
  > >   (vc-default-dir-printer):
  > >   (vc-dir-find-file-other-window): Undo previous change, it breaks
  > >   the behavior of mouse-2.
  >
  > Indeed: please, at minimum, send a message to emacs-devel before

Sorry, I gave up on trying to talk to that person a while ago when he
became the founding member of my killfile due to getting tired of his
incessant personal attacks.
I welcome patches, but it's highly inappropriate to check in an
obviously untested change 2 days before the pretest into a well
maintained package without any kind of heads up.

Seeing obviously wrong stuff like this:
+;; Keep existing map.
+(defvar vc-dir-mouse-map
+  (let ((map vc-dir-mode-map))
+    (define-key map [mouse-2] 'vc-dir-find-file-other-window)
+    map)
+  "Local keymap for visiting a file.")
I don't have time to fix it properly now, so the best thing to do is to
revert it.  I don't have time to waist on an email discussion for such
a trivial issue.