Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 02:00:37 +0100

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 22:19, Don Armstrong <address@hidden> wrote:

> They're not "just arbitrary labels".

Packages are not arbitrary labels. "Packages" are. I said that
packages are "packages" (i.e., labels) plus other things.

What I was saying, in other words, is that you can assign a bug to any
arbitrary label, but that the label is not a real package unless the
package exists.

> Bug reports against packages that don't have a maintainer shouldn't be
> submitted, because there's no indication that someone is going to look
> at them. In this case, the error is that no one has asked for the
> rmail package to be created.

But still, you can search for the label "rmail" even if no package exists.

    Juanma