Re: labels of RMAIL not inherited

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: labels of RMAIL not inherited
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:54:55 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> I just started to use the new rmail (i.e. pmail).  When I
> first do M-x rmail, the babyl format of RMAIL is converted
> to mbox format automatically.  But, it seems that labels are
> lost.  At least, they are not shown in RMAIL nor
> RMAIL-summary buffers.

> unrmail needs to be fixed to transfer the labels.
> When I wrote it, there was no way to record labels in an mbox file
> so discarding them was inevitable.

I found that the labels are not lost but preserved as these
headers:

and newly added ones are recorded as these headers:

Just recently, Chong fixed it:

        * mail/unrmail.el (unrmail): Record labels in X-RMAIL-* fields,
        which are recognized by the new Rmail, instead of X-BABYL-V6-*.

So, it seems that the already converted RMAIL file can be
fixed just by replacing X-BABYL-V6 to X-RMAIL.

But the problem of keywords not shown in RMAIL-summary is
not yet fixed.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden