Re: Pretest next week

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:58:45 +0200

On Jan 24, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

On Jan 22, 2009, at 9:33 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

1) Complete removal of all Feval() calls in bad places as discussed earlier on this list. A quick check reveals four places, relating to: emacs termination, deadkey input handling, toolbar toggle, and preferences-help.

- Mostly straightforward (but taking some time) by using custom
nonascii-keystroke' events,

Sound right.

except for the case of input-method handling when in isearch mode,
where passing such an event breaks out of the isearch entry; I could
use some help on this.

Most likely those events should not be handled by the global-map, but
instead either directly by the C code (e.g. in kbd_buffer_get_event), or
via special-event-map, or via input-decode-map.

I tried using special-event-map, following the example of delete- frame, but I still get a "Wrong type argument: commandp, ns-echo- working-text" message. I'm trying to get ns-echo-working-text called non-interactively so it can make some text changes in the echo area. Is there any way to do this?

Never mind, after more experimentation it seems that having an interactive function is needed and OK now -- the problem w/putting text in the echo area must be a difference between going through the special-event-map and NONASCII_KEYSTROKE. I will try to clean up the patch below and repost before submitting.