Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:59:06 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:12, Lennart Borgman
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> No. I have said numerous times that this is a bug in Emacs. It might
>> work (as for you), but it is not guaranteed to do it.
> Doesn't seem to be many bug reports about it, so if this is a real
> problem, it's quite infrequent.
> But, in any case, if it *is* a real problem, please send a patch.
> AFAIR, you have a keyboard related patch, but it is not a bug fix; it
> adds functionality. Am I remembering correctly?

I have done several patches to the keyboard and menu code. The one we
are talking about here is a bug fix IMO.

At the moment I do not have time to dig out that part. I have spent
quite a lot of time trying to get this fix into Emacs, but the
resistance has been too strong for the limited time I have so I have
run out of time for this. (Feel free to grab the patch from my

Beside this anyone who want this to work can use the patched version
of Emacs+EmacsW32. (If there is any bug there I will of course fix