Re: C-x C-c does nothing on frames created with "nowait" flag

From: Bo Lin
Subject: Re: C-x C-c does nothing on frames created with "nowait" flag
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:58:50 +0800

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

>> Or, we could treat a `nowait' frame as though it were an ordinary
>> (non-client) frame on the server:
>
> Hm, I think this is not such a good idea if Emacs was started in
> daemon mode.

Agreed. Frames created by emacsclient should behave consistently
regardless of the `nowait' flag. That is, they should not kill the
server when destroyed.

BTW if you want to make the change in files.el then I'd suggest also
delete the two line comment regarding `nowait' in
`server-save-buffers-kill-terminal', to reduce the potential for future
confusion.

 -Bo