Re: X window display bug?

From: Bo Lin
Subject: Re: X window display bug?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:33:35 +0800

Hi Jan,

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> Bo Lin skrev:
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hmm, can you try to recompile your Emacs with just -g (i.e. no -O)?
>>
>> Yes, this is Emacs 23.0.60.2 (as of Dec 19) compiled with CFLAGS='-g',
>> no -O
>>

> Have you tried running with another font, like
> % emacs -Q -fn fixed

Yes, that fixes the problem! Seems it's caused by using non fixed-width
font as "default font". I don't why emacs would choose a variable-width
font as default font when -fn is not explicitly specified though,
definitely not my "Monospace" font according to fc-match:

$ fc-match monospace
VeraMono.ttf: "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" "Roman"

Anyway, emacs23 is working for me now, thanks a lot for your help! :)

 -Bo