Re: Moving to bzr?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:14:20 +0100

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 23:03, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think I wrote this a few weeks ago, but here it goes again:

Sorry, I surely missed it.

> From that point of view, I think we can switch any time now.

Assuming we had a good repository, how would the change go? Would the
bzr be the main repository, or just a mirror for some time? Will we
maintain the current workflow and policies, where every developer has
full write access? Will we add some kind of review process? Is
Savannah ready for the change? Is there something developers should do
to switch, other than just installing bzr and cloning the repository?

Some of these questions will need answered, IMO.

> The main remaining problem is to come up with a good Bzr repository: the
> one I've been using (maintained by Jason Earl) has some missing tags,
> and lacks merge history as well as file-move information.

[...]

> I.e. we're just waiting for a good Bzr repository with complete tag
> data, and with as much merge history as we can get,

Well, is there anyone knowledgeable enough in CVS, bzr and Arch to
lead the process?

    Juanma