Re: Emacs daemon dies at Xorg crash

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: Emacs daemon dies at Xorg crash
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:35:04 +0100

>> > Can you try the patch at:
>> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/22201
>>
>> Tested and Emacs doesn't die anymore. I find the "Connection lost ..."
>> message in the *Messages* buffer after reconnecting.

> IMO that patch is good, but it fixes the effect in this case, not the
> cause.  Given where we are in the release process I'd like an OK from
> one of the maintainers to check it in.

The intention of that test in cmd_error_internal is clear from the
comment before it, namely to exit if there's an error during
initialisation or in batch mode (both not the case here):

/* If the window system or terminal frame hasn't been initialized
   yet, or we're not interactive, write the message to stderr and exit.  */

So, any reason why above patch cannot be checked in?

Ulrich