Re: Displaying LRM and RLM

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Displaying LRM and RLM
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:36:33 +0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:05:14 +0800
From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
CC: Don Armstrong <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Blame the font, if it is mapping those characters to a space glyph.

Do you see them as someone else? with what font?

I see them as space glyphs, with DejaVu Sans Mono.

Also, how can I see if some specific font maps them to the space
glyph?

C-u C-x = on the character in question, and compare with the results of doing the same on a real space. Near the bottom, you will see the glyph code that is being mapped to. Space is usually 0x03, as it is one of the standard glyphs that come near the front of the cmap table.