Re: bogus binding of C-w in isearch editing mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bogus binding of C-w in isearch editing mode
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:55:43 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> In editing mode isearch simply shouldn't be binding C-w at all.
>
> You're right, but C-w in edit mode was IIUC the only way to switch to
> word-search (!?!).

Hmm, didn't realize that; I don't think I've ever intentionally managed
to invoke word mode in isearch, though I've done so by accident a fair
number of times (without realizing precisely how it happened)!

That seems like such a stupid binding that it really should just be
deleted...

-Miles

--
Insurrection, n. An unsuccessful revolution.