Re: image cache

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: image cache
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:08:26 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> BTW, does anyone know why each frame has an image cache (even though
>>> there's really only one image cache per terminal)?
>> A left-over from before multi-tty?
>
> I don't think it's related.  The same "problem" was there in Emacs-22,
> and Emacs-21.

Note that fixing requires changing all the functions in image.c that
require a frame argument, so that they use a terminal argument instead.
Otherwise, if you associate image caches to terminals, you run into
problems with terminals that have no frame (e.g. terminals created using
x-open-connection), because you can't supply those image functions with
a frame argument.