Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:39:10 +0100

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 00:24, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Not unless you show me a use case where multi-tty features don't work
> in the MS-DOS port of Emacs.  I have yet to see any Lisp code that
> wouldn't DTRT in the DOS port because of this.

There's currently no Lisp code that does the wrong thing on the
Windows port either, if not for other reason that the multi-tty port
is quite new.

The point is, IMHO, that (featurep 'multi-tty) will allow the code to
have some expectations, like the possibility of having simultaneous
tty and GUI frames, that currently the Windows port can not satisfy.
If the Windows port defines the multi-tty feature, it just dilutes its
meaning. Is that not true for the DOS port?

    Juanma