Re: filename coding systems and w32-*-file-name functions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: filename coding systems and w32-*-file-name functions
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 03:08:54 +0100

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 09:36, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't see anything wrong with this return value.  So I think you can
> use it without any trouble.

I've committed that fix.

And, in a related note: some time ago, I changed `w32-list-locales'
(from w32-fns.el) to decode the output of `w32-get-locale-info'. But,
in fact, I don't think that should be done at the lisp level; there's
no reason why `w32-get-locale-info' shouldn't use DECODE_SYSTEM for
the long form of the locale name.

As for using DECODE_SYSTEM when the LONGFORM argument is a LCTYPE
constant, I'm not sure. On one hand, I don't think that

  ELISP> (w32-get-locale-info (w32-get-current-locale-id) 2)
  "Espa\361ol - Espa\361a (alfabetizaci\363n tradicional)^@"

is very useful. On the other hand, the LCTYPE results are
null-terminated strings so I don't know what it the intended use.

Comments?

TIA,

   Juanma