Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:22:52 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:09:38 +0900
> Cc: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>, Chong Yidong <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden
>
> Hmmm, so all the more reason for people to stop committing stuff
> separately... :-/

As long as we use CVS, which lacks the means to see the change history
of a single file, committing several files at once makes "cvs log"
unusable for the purposes of tracking the history of changes to some
specific code fragment in a single file, something I need to do a lot
in Emacs.

That is why I commit the files individually, and then commit all their
ChangeLog entries in one go.  Don't expect me to change that any time
soon.