Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:07:02 +0900

Juanma Barranquero writes:

 > Making it user-settable

It *is* user-settable, at worst it requires rebuilding Emacs and we
all do that several times a day.<wink>

 > (perhaps, as Chong says, as a variable and not a defcustom) is best
 > than trying to second-guess the users.

Sometimes compromise is bad, and it is in this case.  Making this a
variable is admittedly broken by design.  Let those who know enough to
work around the breakage prove it by adding the feature in their
user or site init files if they want to.