Re: rendering on gnu/linux

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: rendering on gnu/linux
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:24:53 +0530

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:35 AM, dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:
> The same problem happens on Emacs22 that I installed from Ubuntu
> package too. So, this is not something recent. I will try disabling
> Nvdia driver FWIW and test again.

The problem was with Nvidia driver #177 which is prompted in Ubuntu
with enough warnings. Once I removed, it just works fine!
 Maybe, it could be documented somewhere so that some other user does
not stumble on this issue. Since I knew a bit of emacs and could
realize that it was a display problem. At first, it appeared as if
some data was lost in the file, that can be scary.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!