Interesting combining character issue

From: James Cloos
Subject: Interesting combining character issue
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:48:18 -0500

Try grabbing:

http://www.pentzlin.com/Orok.html

(I used wget) and opening Orok.html in emacs.

Look at the line that starts with 'UTF-8 encoded' (2nd last line).

The combining sequences do not show up for me until I move the point
through them.  After that, the rest of that line is displayed a la the
cursor.  (Purple background and white foreground in my case.)

OTOH, it works correctly when emacs is run with -nw.

I found it to be an interesting test case.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6