Re: Save Options => Save Options in This Menu

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Save Options => Save Options in This Menu
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:18:55 +0100

> Maybe we should do what the user expects, i.e. save the customized
> options as well.  Are there any downsides to that?

I think I would be annoyed if it did but maybe I'm not the intended
audience. Now and then I fiddle with certain options using Customize,
to see what they do. If I don't like the effects I might reset the
changed options or just forget about them, sure that they will be
reset when I restart Emacs. So if this "save options" command saved
all of those it would not be what I would like. Of course, if the
command was named "Save all unsaved options" then it would be another
matter.

Just my 20 öre.

/Mathias