RE: option doc strings and Customize tags

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: RE: option doc strings and Customize tags
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:42:50 +0900

Drew Adams writes:

 > That's the abbreviating I suggested. But I'd recommend eliding the terminal
 > chars, not the middle ones.

I think I'd want to see some data about that.  Specifically, I know
several places where there are very-long-prefixed-class-INSTANCE
families, and I'd want to know whether these are "rare".  I suspect
not, I think that's a pretty common practice in naming families of
manifest constants.

OTOH, Customize already generally strips group prefixes.  That might
be enough here, it may not often matter because abbreviation is rare.