Re: emacs daemon on win32?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: emacs daemon on win32?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:46:47 +0000

David De La Harpe Golden wrote:

While I believe the spec is straightforward, I personally won't have time to look implementing it in the next few days anyway (tax filing deadline is Hallowe'en in Ireland, appropriately enough!), so below find my (trivial) design notes.

*
http://standards.freedesktop.org/systemtray-spec/systemtray-spec-latest.html

Braindump addendum:
Also to note, gtk+ has a system tray icon abstraction class GtkStatusIcon, I guess gtk+ emacs maybe should go through that rather than implementing the spec from scratch...

http://yettocome.blogspot.com/2007/08/gtk-system-tray-icon-example.html
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkStatusIcon.html