Bug : Emacs 22+; package cursor-chg.el

From: Bernhard Koenig
Subject: Bug : Emacs 22+; package cursor-chg.el
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 04:38:19 -0400

I was just testing the package cursor-chg.el and I think it's an
excellent idea but it seemed a bit buggy to me:

I think it works with the standard configurations, but it was not
possible for me to change some settings, for example:
I preferred to have my standard cursor color (from my own themes) but
cursor-chg.el is programmed in such a way that it always overrides
your personal cursor color to "Red". Similarly, I had problems
changing the active "non-idle" cursor to say "hbar", I tried to add
(setq curchg-default-cursor-type 'hbar)
but the hbar cursor wouldn't stick. Another thing I tried was
(setq curchg-overwrite/read-only-cursor-type 'hollow)
but it wouldn't work either. All these things were overwritten by the
settings in cursor-chg.el. Of course you can change the file
cursor-chg.el itself but that's subtle. Thus my suggestion:

cursor-chg.el should be more flexible in using the standard setting
for "cursor-color" "cursor-shape" etc... and not defining its own
standards (like e.g. cursor color "red").

Best,
Bernhard