Re: vc-git-show-log-entry

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: vc-git-show-log-entry
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:01:29 -0700

    Karl> I looked at CVS HEAD and noticed a new vc-git-show-log-entry
    Karl> and some recent modifications.  I believe the vc-git.el:1.72
    Karl> version would do the right thing for my use case, but I
    Karl> suspect the r1.73 change: * vc-git.el (vc-git-show-log-entry):
    Karl> Include the revision in the search string.  breaks it.

I'm pretty sure that change was mine << glances around nervously >>.  I
didn't really understand what I was doing with that change; I just stuck
something in there that seemed to work for me.  It sounds like you
understand vc-git better than I did.  I'll see if yours works for me; if
so, let's get your change in instead.

    Karl> Personally, I like the vc-git-rev-parse solution better.  It
    Karl> handles every method of specifying commits, the "git way".

Sounds good to me!

--
As economics is known as "The Miserable Science", software
engineering should be known as "The Doomed Discipline"