Re: Recent CVS Emacs breaks color-themes

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Recent CVS Emacs breaks color-themes
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 11:45:02 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> (font_matching_entity): Reflect ATTRS in font selection.
> (font_find_for_lface) [HAVE_NS]: Don't ignore case.

> There's something strange with that change.  The lines

>      ASET (spec, FONT_TYPE_INDEX, ftype);
>      ASET (spec, FONT_SIZE_INDEX, size);

> before line 2802

>    font_add_log ("match", work, entity);

> disappeared.  I don't have the slightest idea whether that's of
> any importance.  Moreover, "spec" should probably become "work"
> here.  Handa-san?

That disappearance is because of Adrian's change just a few
hours after of my commit.  But, that is ok because
font_matching_entity now uses "work" and don't modify
"spec", the above two lines are not necessary.

And, the code I checked in had a problem of not setting font
size of "work", but that is already fixed by Adrian too.

By the way, Adrian, please add ChangeLog entry for them:
(Just saying "Fix previous change" is ok).

So, I don't know what is wrong with the current code, and I
can't reproduce your problem even with this setting of
yours:

*FontBackend: xft,x
Emacs.FontBackend:      xft,x
emacs.font: DejaVu Sans Mono-9