Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:21:19 +0200

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     I don't know for sure, but some people seem to want to use just php-mode
>     instead of the solution with mumamo. It is not clear to me why and if
>     some people still prefer that.
>
> Please ask them.  That answer is the most important of all!

I have done that, but a while ago. It seems like the arguments were
something like:

- They think using MuMaMo means that they have to learn more.
- MuMaMo is more complicated and that may mean more trouble
- Some believe that they might loose control.
- There is also more code to download since nXhtml is rather large.

I can't say these arguments are invalid. I have however tried to
simplify things as much as possible on the user level and I do not know
for sure what people think now.