Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:47:42 -0400

    How about the solutin I sent with mumamo-save-buffer-locals and dito
    restore? I suggested something like this

That is a proposed _mechanism_.

Another mechanism which might be to put properties on the variables
that control minor modes.  Or perhaps just on per-buffer minor modes
(the ones that are not normally global).

By scanning buffer-local-variables and checking for that property,
you could find all the minor modes that are set in a given buffer.

The mechanism is just part of this.  We also need an interface.  There
are lots of minor mode definitions, and we want them to be simple and
clean.

So please propose a change in minor mode definitions so as to do the
job.  Then we can evaluate it and maybe propose better alternatives.

    I have no idea what
    delayed-mode-hooks is used for so I do not know if setting
    delay-mode-hooks to nil may cause problems here.

Please read the doc of the macro `delay-mode-hooks' to learn what this
does.