Re: composition bug

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: composition bug
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:24:33 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> I just noticed something about this bug: if I save all the text from
> the HELLO buffer and insert it into another, it doesn't happen
> anymore.  In the new buffer, the cursor moves normally.

> (E.g. do C-h h C-x h M-w C-x b foo RET C-y.)

> However, as soon as I save this new buffer to a file the bug appears
> again and point moves to random positions in the buffer with C-n/C-f.
> I tried various coding systems for saving the file, but it doesn't
> seem to be relevant.

Does the random movement appear again just by saving that
new buffer, or it appears again after saving and re-reading
from the new file?

And, is that random movement really random; i.e. each time
when you type C-n at the head of HELLO file, point moves to
the different point?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden