Re: Can we add a function which is used to returned immediately within a

From: Yiyi Hu
Subject: Re: Can we add a function which is used to returned immediately within an source file for lib?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 02:37:47 +0000

What I want to do is simple:
When emacs starts, It checks if ~/.emacs is newer than ~/.emacs.elc,
if it does, then it recompiles the ~/.emacs, and load ~/.emacs.elc on
the fly. But skip the rest of ~/.emacs, The reason why I want this
will be explained.

The unless version has this problem.
 (unless (byte-compile-file-if-newer "~/.emacs")
remaining lisp code ...)
Because, This will confuse M-x customize-* series functions.
Eg, when you put (customize-set-variables ....) things within (unless
(byte-compile-file-if-newer "~/.emacs") )
When you do M-x customzie-variable <RET> again, It will crate another
list which is like (customize-set-variables ...) outside of the file
level (unless () ...) statement. If you think It's ok, Please check
the example above. (customize-set-variables ..) will take effect and
last a session.

returning while loading source is a good feature to have.