Re: `C-h f' doesn't show file where function comes from

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: `C-h f' doesn't show file where function comes from
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:23:00 +0200

> When I start Emacs with
>
>   emacs -Q -l wid-edit
>
> and type
>
>   C-h f widget-button-press RET
[...]
> However, Emacs 23.0.60 shows:
> widget-button-press is an interactive compiled Lisp function.
>

> (widget-button-press pos &optional event)
>
> Invoke button at pos.

[...]
> The way of Emacs 23.0.60 is
> inconvenient to me.  I need to evaluate (symbol-file 'FN) when I
> want to know where the file providing the function definition is.

Please try with the most recent CVS.  If the behavior you observe
persists, please send a bug report with the following additional
information: Your checkout directory, the directory where you built
Emacs, and the directory where your Emacs is installed.

Maybe I missed something here.

Thanks, martin.